Friday, June 13, 2014

Jason's 650b Double Cross Disc from Melbourne


Hi Evan

Just wanted to update you on a my winter project - my Soma Double Cross Disc. I've finally had this built up at Commuter Cycles, Melbourne - one of the most helpful, knowledgeable and friendly bike shops around. 


Highlights of the build include:

- Grand Bois Hetres 650B tyres, set up tubeless on Stan's Flow rims and XT hubs
- Sugino OX601D crankset (46/30)
- TRP Spyre disc brakes
- SRAM Rival drivetrain, including WiFli rear derailleur and cassette
- A little gold bling (Jagwire brake cables and KMC chain) but no chrome (as far as possible, anyway)!


It's an amazing ride - fits me like a glove, in part thanks to the bike fit I did at Commuter Cycles before I selected all of the components. With the Hetres, its like rolling on a cloud, but ... fast. 


I'm planning on mudguards and front racks/panniers for an overnight countryside ride soon. Let's hope I get winter weather on that ride like I did when I took these photos today!

Jason

Melbourne, Australia

No comments: